Terms & Conditions:
Thank you for visiting Charteris Music School ("CharterisMusicSchool.com" or "Site" or Website" or "Our School" or "Our Company" or "We" or "Us").
All references herein to "We" mean Charteris Music School, including its successors and assigns, which operates the Site and the Service. All references herein to "Applicant" or "You" refer to any user of this Site and the Service. Parents/Legal guardians accept the Terms and Conditions on behalf of their children. All references herein to "School term" refer to the Victorian Primary School term calendar.
- All lessons are conducted by qualified teachers in their field of expertise. All staff have a valid Working with Children (WWC) check or Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) registration.
- Scheduling follows the Victorian Primary School term calendar.
- Timetables must be strictly adhered to at all times.
- All enrolment must be submitted online via our website or via the appropriate form from our School. A registration fee is required to complete enrolment. This registration fee is refundable at termination at the end of school term if (a) 14 days' written cancellation notice prior to the last day of that current school term, is given and (b) fee for that current term was paid in full by the due date.
- Scheduling/grouping of students will only commence once registration fees have been received in full. Grouping is performed according to student's ability and may change, depending on student's progress.
- Allocated lesson times and days are not guaranteed. However, every effort will be made to accommodate students as closely to the time slot as originally requested.
- Music instruction fees are invoiced per school term and payable in advance, in full, by the due date stated on your invoice. This is not refundable.
- A yearly Essential music folio fee, biannual nominal concert fee, and second and subsequent music books are also payable by the due date. These are not refundable.
- Payment can be paid by cash or EFT.
- If full payment is not made by the due date and/or there was no prior communication between the parent/guardian of the student (if the student is less than 18 years old) or the student(if the student is an adult) and Charteris Music School, it will be deemed that the student has chosen to discontinue without notice. In this event, the student's registration fee will be forfeited. If the student wishes to continue at Charteris Music School, re-enrolment will be required, together with a further registration fee.
- In the event of default on payment/s, action will be taken to recover the debt. The client will incur all costs accrued, including surcharges.
- A lesson that is missed by the student, for whatever reason, is not made up, credited or transferred. This lesson is considered a forfeit.
- If additional lessons are required and agreed upon in writing, these must be attended. If a student does not attend, the lesson or lessons will be considered a forfeit.
- For planned lesson dates that a student is unavailable to attend in the following term, Charteris Music School must be notified 1 month (28 days) prior to the end of the previous term. Billing of reduced numbers of lessons in the following term will be at the discretion of Charteris Music School. An administration fee will be charged.
- If a student is unable to attend a lesson due to prolonged illness (2 consecutive missed lessons or more), an application can be made to Charteris Music School for part remission of 50% of unused tuition fees. This 50% unused tuition fee will be credited to the student's following term's fees. A doctor's certificate will be required in order to process such an application. An administration fee will be charged.
- A 30% holding fee is charged to hold a place when an absence of one or more terms occurs. This is non-refundable. An administration fee will be charged. Previously allocated lesson time and day is not guaranteed.
- If the instructor is unable to teach the scheduled lesson, then the student will be taught by a replacement instructor or that lesson will be made up or that lesson will be credited to the following term.
- Charteris Music School accepts no liability or responsibility for any injury sustained by the student that arises from participation in any activity connected with Charteris Music School. Charteris Music School also accepts no liability or responsibility for any minors, siblings, friends or relatives of the students who attends and/or wait at Charteris Music School locations for the students having music lessons.
- Charteris Music School accepts no liability or responsibility for any damages caused by any students, minors, siblings, friends or relatives of the students at any Charteris Music School locations.
- Charteris Music School reserves the right to include or exclude any individual or organisation at its discretion.
- For new students (defined as someone who has enrolled and paid his or her registration fee, but has not yet undertaken any class at Charteris Music School) - If a new student cancels and this cancellation is received by Charteris Music School prior to the commencement of his/her first weekly classes, Charteris Music School reserves the right to try to fill this spot with another new student at their sole discretion. If this place is filled with a new student prior to the commencement of the weekly program, Charteris Music School will refund the balance of the registration fee minus a non-refundable administration fee. This administration fee is non-refundable under any circumstance. If this place is not filled with a new student by the time the weekly program commences, then registration fee will not be refunded.
- Charteris Music School reserves the right to cancel classes that do not meet the enrolment quota. In this case, a full refund will be returned to the parent/guardian of the student (if the student is less than 18 years old) or the student(if the student is an adult)
- NUT-FREE POLICY - Charteris Music School has a nut-free policy. Students are asked not to bring any food containing nut products to classes and concerts.
- The parent/guardian of the student (if the student is less than 18 years old) or the student (if the student is an adult) is required to inform Charteris Music School in writing of any life-threatening or serious medical conditions (for example, allergies) that the student may have. It is a requirement that any student with the potential for anaphylaxis be accompanied to their lesson by a parent or care-giver who is capable of managing the situation if it arises.
- Where it is impractical to communicate with the parent/guardian of the child student or next-of-kin of adult student, the parent/guardian or adult student authorises the staff of Charteris Music School to whatever medical or surgical treatment as may be deemed necessary for the student.
- The parent/guardian of the child student or the adult student authorises Charteris Music School to use image or recording of the student in a photo, film and/or audio recording and/or use the student's work sample for promotional use only. The parent/guardian of the child student authorises Charteris Music School to identify the student by first name and first letter of surname and/or his/her school/preschool only. The adult student authorises Charteris Music School to identify the adult student by first name and first letter of surname.
- Payment of fees implies your acceptance of Charteris Music School terms and conditions and your agreement to abide by these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice from time to time, at our sole discretion. We will notify you of amendments to these term and conditions by posting them to this page.